EXPERIENCE FIRST FRIDAYS ON EL PASEO
Come enjoy this monthly evening of events all along the district each First Friday, November 2022 through May 2023. To kick off the season, head to El Paseo on November 4 from 4 -7 p.m. to enjoy:
- Opening Ceremony: Melissa Morgan Fine Art Sculpture Garden, 4:15 p.m.
- ArtWalk El Paseo: Take a self-guided tour of over 15 fine art galleries and enjoy in-gallery artist receptions, stroll the Median Art Exhibition and take selfies with the many wall murals.
- Cruise Night El Paseo: Enjoy a Classic Car Show atop the Gardens on El Paseo and then participate or watch the famed cruise with hundreds of cars from 4 to 7 p.m.
- The Gardens on El Paseo: Hosting singer Whitney Lyman, from 3:30 to 5:30 p.m., on the Center Lawn.
- El Paseo Design District: From interior designers, home decor and consignment shops, El Paseo offers a newly expanded range of options when it comes to creating a living space.
In between gallery visits and shopping, strollers can enjoy an abundance of exceptional restaurant options from casual dining and American cuisine, to fine dining and extraordinary cuisine. Among the many celebrated retailers are boutiques for men and women, art galleries, home furnishings, and accessories from shoes and handbags to fine jewelry, collectibles, and more. For more information about the El Paseo Shopping District and special events, please visit www.ShopElPaseo.com.
LINGER OVER LUNCH
Searching from store to store for that perfect something can wear you out. Refuel and refresh with a leisurely lunch break at one of El Paseo’s many cafes and restaurants. Not only will you feel better, but trust us: there’s no nicer setting than an El Paseo patio to enjoy a great sandwich, a cool glass of lemonade or a fresh cup of coffee.
MAKE TIME FOR CULTURE
Not only will you find a variety of outdoor art installed along El Paseo as part of Palm Desert’s Art in Public Places program, but you’ll also find countless treasures within the area’s art galleries. And you don’t have to be in the market for a masterpiece to enjoy it – looking is always welcome here. El Paseo is also the home to the El Paseo Art Walk on the first Friday of ever month, where you can tour the galleries with other art lovers.
TRY IT AT NIGHT
Come during the day for your retail fix, but don’t forget about El Paseo when the sun goes down. At night, the focus shifts and this shopping Mecca becomes a hub for dining hot spots and outdoor lounges.